In compliance with the federal Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990, Columbia Basin College is reporting completion and graduation rates for a select group of students who entered CBC during fall quarter 2008. This report identified percentages of students who had completed their programs or transferred into another two- or four-year education institution by the end of spring quarter 2011.
The student group, as specified by federal law, includes only students who were:
Federal law allows each student to be counted in only one of the categories below. A student who fits the definition of more than one category is counted in the top priority category. For example, a student who achieves a degree AND transfers to a university is only counted under COMPLETION, not under TRANSFER.
and Technical Colleges
*The group of students being reported to comply with federal Student Right-to-Know regulations made up 11% of the total fall 2008 quarter enrollment at Columbia Basin College. These rates do not represent the success rates for the other 89% of students who attended Columbia Basin College during fall 2008. They do not include any of the students who attended part-time, who enrolled full-time but had previous college experience, or who took courses only to improve job or academic skills. These rates also do not take into accounts students who started full-time but later enrolled part-time because of work or family commitments. They do not recognize that many community college students may take a quarter or more off from school because of other demands. The rates also do not take into account the students who have completed programs or transferred since the end of spring quarter 2011.
Retention rates measure the percentage of first-time students who are seeking degrees who return to the institution to continue their studies the following fall.
Source: 2011-2012 Integrated Post-Secondary Data Survey (IPEDS)
Home | Campus Safety | Catalog | Campus Map | Contact Information | Parking Information
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301 | PHONE 509.547.0511 | FAX 509.546.0401
© 2011 Columbia Basin College. All Rights Reserved. | Website Created by Vision Internet.